Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Yesterday I took Zach to see Dr. Alexander, our orthodontist.  Everything is looking good and if all goes as planned we won't have to start braces for another 2 years.  We'll revisit again in one year to make sure nothing weird happens that might require early intervention.  After the appt., we had a little mom and son lunch together at Arby's. 
After dropping him back at school I came back home and spent 1 1/2 hours catching up on this blog. Whew!  Felt good to get that done.  Spent what was left of my free time by going to Costco to gas up and pick our photo Christmas cards.  Missed out on the $5 coupon by one day.  Jim kept trying to get me to go to Costco to pick them up--but I refused.  I really don't like going there when I know it will be crowded--which is EVERY weekend.  As I pulled into the gas station I noticed that a big wall has been build next door.  Our future Super Walmart.  I really dislike this chain of stores and avoid it like the plague.  I'm so disappointed that it weaved its evil, greedy tentacles into our lovely side of town.  It's all doing downhill now.  While at Costco I  picked up some almonds for a new recipe I want to try out--hope they work out well because I want to use it as part of my gift giving. 
Wandered around Fred Meyer a bit and picked up a few more Christmas presents.  Collected our wreath that we ordered at the school, it smells so good.  Nice and fragrant.  Hurried up and took advantage of cyber-Monday and ordered some sweaters for Jim from Eddie Bauer and just barely finished up when he got home.  Much to his delight, he got to grill hamburgers outside whilst it rained and blew and was quite chilly outside.  He's a good man.  Should I start consulting the weather forecast as I plan the weeks menus?  NO. 
Started decking the halls by bringing in the boxes of Christmas decor and putting up the tree.  It's all ready now for Erika and Sophia to help decorate as per her request.
After Jim gets off work today he's driving straight up to SeaTac to pick up Erika and Sophia.  It will be such a short and bittersweet visit as I have to take them both back to the airport late Wednesday night (11:00p.m.).  That is a very late night for me.
It is down right ugly outside with all the wind and rain blowing.  I have many errands to run but all I want to do is curl up on the couch and watch "When Harry met Sally".  As per my November Sunny Day calender, we have had 8 1/2 days of sunshine this month.  I can only imagine what December through February will bring us.  I'm also going to track ugly days like today.  Days that make me want to move to Arizona, California or Hawaii for the winter.
Oh yeah, we refinanced our home today.  Jim did all the research and paperwork as usual.  I just sign my name on the line.  We now only have 10 years left to pay on the house at 3.75% interest.  We will be saving close to $70,000 in interest by refinancing.  Our monthly payment goes up around $700 but we'll be able to pay off the mortgage before Jim retires.  The money we save in interest will help pay for the kid's college.  We still have a Home equity line of credit around $60,000 that I plan on helping attack next year when I go back to work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment